Study Table Information
The AHS Athletics Department as well as three INCREDIBLE staff members have taken it upon themselves to start the AHS athletic study tables this year. Nancy Hands, Theresa Gross, and Katie Colonel have donated their time and efforts every week to monitor and assemble the Athletic Study tables each week. The Athletic Study Tables are Monday through Friday from 6:45 AM to 7:15 AM. The criteria for assignment to the study tables are as follows:
- Must be a Student Athlete who is in season
- They are receiving a Failing grade
- They are receiving Two or more "D's"
- Their coach has expressed concern over their grades and assigns them to the study tables
The Forest Hills School District requires a GPA of 1.7 or high for athletic eligibility. With the grade scale consisting of +'s and -'s, the GPA of 1.7 would equal out to a student having 5 classes, and receiving a C- in each class.
Student Requirement for Study Tables
- Must attend Study tables 3 times a week
- Student's grades will be re-evaluated on a weekly basis
- If a student gets grades up over the weekend, they must notify Mr. Newton and he will make the change
We feel that this is a great way to keep our students grades up, and make sure they know they they are Students first, then athletes second. If you have any questions about Athletic Study Tables please feel free to contact Mr. Newton at: